So over the weekend seeing Josh Knowles’ iPhone presentation I really got motivated to do something with my iPhone. I was a little nervous until after code camp I had to have something fixed on my phone and I saw the restore process in person and was a LOT less nervous.
Earlier this week Gizmodo had a link to hacking your iPhone. It looked too easy.
I saw something today that Navizon had GPS for the iPhone. So today during lunch. I said okay.. I am going to do this. Crossed my fingers and prayed I wouldn’t turn this thing into a brick!
I started by doing the following.
- Download Installer.app and save to Desktop
- Ran System Update to get latest version of iTunes
- Connected iPhone to Mac with cable provided w/ iPhone.
- Synched iPhone with iTunes (so would have a copy of data if things went wrong)
- De-Activated “automatic sync” in iTunes and quit iTunes.
- Double clicked Installer.app saved to desktop.
- Followed All Instructions given by Installer.app
Once Installer was done and installed on iPhone, I promptly installed:
- Community Sources
- BSD Tools
- Navizon GPS
I encourage everyone to play around. If you iPhone freaks on you at any point you can hold the “action” button and the button on the top to “reset” a frozen iPhone. Happy Hacking!