Getting ready for the 96th Arizona Town Hall, I am reading their report Building Arizona’s Future: Jobs, Innovation & Competitiveness. It references a 1999 paper from the Morrison Institute The New Economy: A Guide for Arizona. It lists eight principles that underpin the new economy…
- Technology is a given
- Globalization is here to stay
- Knowledge builds wealth
- People are the most important raw material
- There is no such thing as a smooth ride
- Competition is relentless
- Alliances are the way to get things done
- Place still matters
Those items in bold are the very thing that Gangplank espouses and I will be reminding the Town Hall the importance of them. Most importantly, I will remind them that good and talented people are the key.
Five foundations found to be critical based off this study were
- Connecting (telecommunications infrastructure)
- E-Government (getting government on-line for faster/better service)
- E-Learning (distance learning and technology in classrooms)
- Creative Communities (amenity-rich communities with strong quality of place)
- Knowledge leaders, entrepreneurs and capital (higher education, R&D, tech transfer, incubation and VC)
Again those items highlighted are the essence of Gangplank. We are proud that the City of Chandler is standing as a strong supporter in providing ALL of these things and why we think they will be the CORE of the Sun Corridor.
Please leave comments to tell me I’m wrong, stupid and idiotic. I am looking for motivation.